We are recruiting on behalf of one of our International market leading clients. Our client is an established manufacturing company based in Aberdare. Due to their expansion they are looking to grow their experienced Engineering Team and require an Engineering and Maintenance Supervisor.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a passionate and energetic business, where individuals are rewarded for their hard work and commitment. Their customers are at the heart of everything they do, they pride themselves on being a pleasure to do business with.
As part of the Engineering team, you will be in constant communication with the production teams, and will take charge of maintaining the performance and reliability of production lines by carrying out troubleshooting practices, preventive and predictive maintenance, improvement modifications as well as carrying out interventions to maintain the area in safety and quality requirements. Responsibilities will also include managing efficient repairing of all machinery to National Standards. The successful candidate must have the ability to use and develop CMMS system for the area. They will also be optimizing equipment reliability through a continuous improvement plan and actively conducting themselves in line with the Values, Ethics, and Health and safety measures of the client.
To safely plan, direct and manage the engineering operations in respect of the plants engineering systems, equipment and management process, provide leadership, building an effective, cohesive and committed team which will maintain maximum safety, quality and production standards.
Essential Experience Required:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering
- Engineering or Maintenance Supervisor Experience
- Mechanical Maintenance with some electrical knowledge
- Strong Project Management and Leadership skills
- Manufacturing background – high speed, high volume
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacturing techniques – SMED, Kaizen 5S, Kanban, Structured Problem solving, TPM/OEE, SPC, 6 Sigma.
- A Management style heavily orientated to training and coaching
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all planned maintenance requirements, which also captures unscheduled maintenance, annual maintenance and breakdowns to increase meantime between failures of all plant equipment
- Ensuring the maximum efficiency from all equipment and services by means of preventative maintenance and continuous improvement and modifications to equipment
- Managing all services and buildings including the safe storage of inflammable or dangerous materials and ensuring compliance with safety legislation and the factories act
- Responsible for ensuring that all workshop employees are suitably trained for safety and that they work to company and legislative safety requirements
- Responsible for the control of the permit to work system and for ensuring that suitable and sufficient risk assessments are completed in conjunction with the EHS Manager
- Work to reduce operating cost ensuring that the most competitive quotations are obtained
- Maintaining adequate stockholding of spares and a system for issues and stock control
- Supplying administration department with a breakdown of labour and material costs for all capital and C&A RFAs.
- Compiling budgets for capital projects and engineering expense with assistance from Head Office Engineering department.
- Checking and ensuring that tooling drawings are to the standard required into production, modifying if necessary to ensure results are to company standards
- Recruiting of all apprentices, training and monitoring progress of all engineering staffs.
- Record and correct Unsafe conditions / Near Miss and carry out investigation and reporting in developing plant systems to ensure legislative compliance
- Co-coordinating with Shift Managers and shift personnel and ensure operational control procedures are appropriately implemented
- Carry out all instructions from the Engineering Manager and deputise for the absence of the Engineering Manager
– The hours for this role are solely Days
– Salary – £40K per annum